Barclays is committed to keeping your information private. By
‘your information’ we mean any information about you that you or third parties provide to us.
This policy relates to the privacy of your information at digital.wings.uk.barclays.
The Barclays Digital Wings is a free accreditation. The Barclays Group’s Privacy
Principles below explain how we will handle your information.
1. Information we collect
When completing any online forms, we will tell you how your information will be used and any associated terms and conditions.
For Barclays Digital Wings we collect your name, age and country in order to ensure we can administer the programme, provide
certificates of course completion and allocate appropriate modules to you based on your age and the country in which you live.
2. How we use your information
The Barclays Digital Wings programme will use your information to inform you by email about the Barclays Digital Wings programme,
products or services that may be of interest to you. You may tell us at any time if you don't want to receive marketing
communications about the Barclays Digital Wings programme by sending your full name and address to
We may use your information to prepare high-level anonymised statistical reports. We compile these reports from information about
you and other users. The information in these reports is not personal and you will not be identifiable from them.
We use these reports to perform statistical analyses of users' behaviour so that we can develop and improve the service
to you by enhancing the content available and improving site navigation. We may share these statistical and anonymised
reports with third parties including non-Barclays companies, such as employers who actively encourage use of the Barclays Digital Wings
programme, and want to assess the continued relevance of the programme.
2.3 Service Delivery
We may also pass your information collected online to people who provide a service to us or are acting as our agents,
on the understanding that they will keep the information confidential. If we transfer your information to an agent or
service provider located in another country, we will make sure that they agree to apply the same levels of protection
as we are required to apply to your information and to use your information strictly in accordance with our instructions.
We will retain information collected about you online for as long as permitted for legitimate business purposes.
For information about cookies and how they are used on this website, visit our
To find out about how we will keep your information secure and how you can protect your own information online, visit our
Barclays privacy principles
Barclays is committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information. By ‘your information’ we mean
any information about you that you or third parties provide to us.
- We will only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you and will tell you about how we will collect and use your information
- If we have collected your information for a particular purpose we will not use it for anything else unless you have been informed and, where relevant, your permission obtained
- We will not ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it
- We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed
- We will continue to review and assess the quality of our information
- We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to your information and will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with
- We will train our staff on their privacy obligations
- We will ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it is held
- We will ensure that when we outsource any processes we ensure the supplier has appropriate security measures in place and will contractually require them to comply with these Privacy Principles
- We will ensure that suitable safeguards are in place before personal information is transferred to other countries
- You are not required to provide any personal information on the public areas of this website. However, you may choose to do so by completing the forms on various pages of the site. We will only use the information you provide to us on these pages in order to process the relevant form. Please see the privacy wording on the relevant form for a more detailed explanation of how your information will be used
If you are a Barclays customer or already have a relationship with us you will have been advised by various methods as to how we collect and use your information.
If you have any questions about privacy at Barclays please contact the Barclays Privacy and Data Protection Team at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.