Terms and conditions
1. Who we are and how to contact us
Events and the Digital Eagles are run by Barclays Bank UK PLC ("we", "us", "our" or “Barclays”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 9740322 and have our registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP. We are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register number: 759676).
3. Defined Terms and other terms that apply to you
“Applicable Anti-Bribery Law” means any bribery, fraud, kickback, or other similar anti-corruption law or regulation of any relevant country, including the Bribery Act and the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977.
“Applicable Law” means any statute, enactment, ordinance, order, regulation, guidance or other similar instrument in the jurisdiction of England and Wales (including but not limited to any Applicable Anti-Bribery Law), which relate to the performance of this Agreement.
“Good Industry Practice” means the exercise of degree of skill, diligence, prudence and foresight which would reasonably and ordinarily be expected from a skilled and experienced supplier engaged in the provision of training services under the same or similar circumstances.
“Force Majeure Event” means any fire, flood, earthquake, act of God, war, governmental act, riot, civil disorder, rebellion or revolution or any other event of a similar nature beyond a party’s reasonable control.
“Intellectual Property Rights” means patents, trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names and business names, copyright (including future copyright), database rights, designs, rights in and to confidential information (including know how, business methods, data and trade secrets) and all other intellectual property rights, in each case subsisting or pending at any time in any part of the world and whether registered or unregistered.
4. Age restrictions and attendee participation
- All of our Events will either be hosted Virtually/ Hybrid. You can only register for an event if you are over 18 You can only attend an Event if you are over 18 (excluding Code Playground)
- Each Event is intended to be attended by a number of other attendees and is designed to be interactive. The content of an Event may therefore be influenced by attendee participation. The presenter may focus on certain elements of the Event content as a result of such attendee participation.
5. Your confidentiality
- Information that you share at an Event may be seen and heard by other attendees at the Event.
- You agree that we shall not be under any obligation of confidentiality to you regarding any information or content shared by you at an Event, unless agreed otherwise between us in writing or as required by law. You therefore agree that you will not share any information which is confidential or sensitive in nature.
6. Intellectual Property Rights and our confidentiality
- At an Event, we may provide you with or display to your certain software technology, documents, intellectual property and/or other material, information and content (i) created by or owned by us or (ii) owned by a third party (“Content”). The Content is provided to you solely for your own use in order to receive the benefit of attending the Event and is not intended to be relied upon by any other person.
- To the extent the provision of the Event involves our use of your Intellectual Property Rights (if any), you hereby grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-sub-licensable (other than to our Affiliates and subcontractors), transferable licence, to our Affiliates, to use such Intellectual Property Rights.
- So far as we are aware, all Intellectual Property Rights made available to you in the Content will not infringe any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party.
7. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage. In particular, where applicable, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings; or
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation.
- To the extent permissible by law, we exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to the Event or any Content provided to you. The Event is provided “as-is” without any warranty, representation or assurance of any kind. We will however provide the Event to you with all due skill, care and diligence in accordance with Good Industry Practice and Applicable Law.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, where this arises under or in connection with:
- Eventbrite or any associated payment platform;
- your attendance at, or inability to attend, the Event;
- your contact with other attendees at the Event, or the actions of other attendees at the Event;
- any inaccuracies, omissions or errors in the Content;
- your use of or reliance on any Content provided at the Event including any financial, investment and business decisions or any specific courses of actions you choose to make or not make, as a result of attending an Event or any Content presented at an Event;
- the suitability of the Event for your intended purposes.
- You understand and agree that the Event and Content is not intended to be advice (whether legal, financial, business, tax, accounting or otherwise).
- To the extent permitted by law, our maximum aggregate liability to you in respect of an Event is limited to the Attendance Fee you have paid to us in respect of that Event.
8. What else you need to know
Cancellation of your attendance at an Event
- We may cancel the Event without prior notice for any reason, although we will always try to give you notice of a cancellation as soon as we are able to prior to the Event.
- You put us in a position where we might break any Applicable Law or other duty that applies to us or you do not obey with any Applicable Laws that apply to you;
- you give us any false information at any time; you do anything which, in our opinion, is likely to or does cause harm to our reputation;
- you commit (or attempt) fraud against us or someone else;
- you inappropriately provide someone else with access to the event
- you behave in a threatening, disruptive or abusive manner to our staff or other users; or
- you fail to comply with any direction given by our staff.
Queries and complaints
All queries and complaints should be directed through Eventbrite.
- Without our prior written consent, you shall not: (a) use our name or any other identifier for us (or our Affiliates), or (b) refer to or identify us (or our Affiliates) in any publicity releases or promotional or marketing materials. Any wording needs to be approved by us.
- We may refer to or identify you (and where applicable, the business you represent) in any publicity releases, interview, promotional or marketing materials, public announcements, customer listings, testimonials or advertising to disclose the identity of you as having attended our Event.